Getting to Phillip Island
Here you can find directions & maps showing how to get to Phillip Island. You can either drive around, take the ferry across, catch the bus down, or cruise on a tour!
Driving to Phillip Island
Phillip Island is a leisurely 90 minute drive south-east of Melbourne.
- Take the Monash Freeway (M1) to the Cranbourne Exit, where you will turn into the South Gippsland Highway (M420).
- Follow this route to the Bass Highway (A420), which takes you through Grantville and past Corinella and Bass.
- Turn right at the roundabout at Anderson onto Phillip Island Tourist Road (B420).
- Continue through San Remo
- Once over the bridge, continue 200 metres and look for the "Wave" at the "Islantis Wave Complex" and turn left into Bluebird Circuit.
Taking the bus to Phillip Island
For bus details call V/Line on 136 196 or visit www.viclink.com.au.
The complex is walking distance from bus stop and San Remo.
Getting Around Phillip Island
Travel by car is recommended to access all areas of Phillip Island, as there is no shuttle bus service. Other transport options include:
Car Hire: Phillip Island Car Hire - PH 03 5952 5402 or 0419 556 224
Bike Hire: We offer Bike Hire Onsite. Safe Bike tracks cover almost the whole Island, allowing you to access most major attractions
Taxi: Phillip Island Taxi Number: 5852 2200
Vline Bus Service: Ph 136 196 or 03 8608 5011 Vline Bus Timetable: http://www.vline.com.au/pdf/timetables/inverloch.pdf/inverloch *This service is limited, and runs around 6 times a day, with a few hours between service either direction.
Penguin Parade - The Penguin Parade is difficult to get to from anywhere on the Island.
- You could get a Taxi, which costs around $30 one way
- You can book a spot on The Little Penguin Bus - PH
- We can try to organise you a lift another way